About Us

Petaluma blacksmiths George W. and Fred E. Van Bebber established Van Bebber Bros. in 1901. The fledgling business grew steadily, performing a variety of work including blacksmithing, buggy and wagon repair, and ornamental iron fabrication.

The 1920s brought a period of rapid growth, with the company expanding into machine work and steel fabrication. Stainless steel fabrication was also introduced.

Several government contracts were awarded to the company during World War II , creating the need for new equipment for increased efficiency and to fill the growing demands of our customers.

An increase in business volume led to a need for more floor space and yard space. In 1956 Van Bebber Bros. moved to its present location, where current warehouse space exceeds 34,000 square feet on four acres. In 1958 the company became a true Steel Service Center, utilizing mill-direct buying and providing a strong complement of value-added services.

In recent years the company acquired a 500-ton press brake, a high definition plasma machine and a larger angle/pipe roll to provide for the growing needs of our customers. We also added stainless steel and aluminum sheet and plate to our inventory.

The fourth-and fifth-generation Van Bebbers and their employees are committed to maintaining the same high-quality and timely service that has made Van Bebber Bros. successful for over 100 years.